Admission to Great Plains Technology Center full time programs is based on completing all of the following steps:
- Applicant will meet with one of GPTC’s career counselors.
- Applicant will provide assessment results or complete an entrance assessment (KeyTrain, ACT, or PLAN results). If the KeyTrain or Work Keys assessment is required there is a $10 fee.
- Applicant will meet with financial aid officer, if needed.
- Applicant will provide all required documentation prior to the enrollment deadline.
- If a applicant meets career major criteria requirements, and space is available, the student is notified by letter that they have been accepted and enrolled.
- If a applicant meets career major criteria requirements, but space is not available, the student is placed on a waiting list and will be contacted by phone or mail when an opening occurs.
Completion of the application and assessment or receiving financial aid does not constitute admission to Great Plains Technology Center.
Adult applicants are responsible for paying tuition. If a third party, such as Workforce, Department of Rehabilitation Services, or GPTC Next Step Scholarship, is paying a student’s training costs, verification of sponsorship must be presented prior to beginning class.
Meet with a Counselor
To set an appointment with a career counselor or for questions and assistance on enrolling, you may contact Great Plains Technology Center at (580) 250-5535 or come by Building 100, Room 107.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- All official transcripts (High School, Career Tech and College)
- Any previous assessments
- Application for Admission (Optional)